A few days ago Jon, Arlene (my drinking buddy) and I went to a Porter and Stout blind tasting at C’est What. They give you a sheet of paper with beer numbers and you take notes, give each beer a rating and then guess which beer is which! 8/10 were cask beers and 2 were bottled.
Here are the beers and my rating out of 50:
- Muskoka Double Chocolate Cranberry Stout – 44
- Grand River Russian Gun Imperial Stout – 40
- Wellington Imperial Russian Stout – 39
- Duggan’s #8 – 39
- Steve’s Dreaded Chocolate Orange – 37
- Great Lakes Harry Porter – 31
- Black Oak Double Chocolate Cherry Stout – 31
- Lake of Bays Mocha Porter – 30
- Neustadt Pre-Porter – 30
- Scotch Irish Black Irish Porter – 20
I’ve only ever had 3 of these before. From the blinding tasting I got 5/10 correct which includes the 3 I’ve previously had. Not bad.
Here are a few pictures: