Just looking back at my beer related events this year. The best of them all was Volo Cask Days by far. I can’t stress what a great event it was – atmosphere, beers, people!!! I’m already looking forward to next year’s event.
Some other favorites were:
- Brewing with Paul Dickey – I had the greatest opportunity to help brew a beer with Paul Dickey, a brewer that definitely knows his beer and what he’s doing. On top of it all he’s an awesome guy.
- Toronto Beer week – In particular the bars staying open ’til the wee hours of the morning created an amazing atmosphere.
- My Prud’Homme beer dinner at Beer Bistro. Roger treated us to Sam Adams Utopias and Brian Morin treated us to a few bottles of Westvleteren 12!
- Facilitating various corporate tasting – love introducing people to craft beer.
- Montreal pub crawling with my drinking buddy.
- The American Craft Beer festival in Boston.
Best new beer I had in 2011?!! Black Oak’s Cafe au Lait – Black Oak night @ Volo!