So looking back at 2012.
My favorite beers I tried for the first time were (no particular order):
- Great Lakes Stalin’s Choice (had this at Cask days)
- Bellwoods Hellwoods
- La Trappe Quadrupel oak-aged
- Great Lakes Black IPA
- Muskoka Twice as Mad Tom
- Indie Ale House Cockpuncher
- Portsmouth Kate the Great oak-aged
- Bellwoods Grandma’s Boy
- Great Lakes Karma Citra
My Favorite beer events were:
Now looking back at my 2012 beer resolutions. Since I wrote them a year ago I never referred back to them and forgot most of them! I only fulfilled 6/13!
New Year 2012 Beer Resolutions
1. Do the Beer Makes History Better Toronto tour *nope
3. Visit The Blue Monk in Buffalo again. *sadly no
4. Road trip to Southern Tier Brewery. *agh..again no
5. Continue to facilitate corporate beer tastings *yes I did this year! whoot
6. Attend 2 out of province/country beer festivals. *yes – mondial and Great British Beer Festival
7. Read Last Call: Rise and Fall of Prohibition (which I bought 4 months ago!) *crap…no
8. Re-read Hops and Glory. *yes I did in England
10. Attend more beer dinners to expand my knowledge of food and beer pairing. *didn’t attend any in 2012
11. Attend a Cameron’s cask night. *nope
12. Beercation trip to California. *no!!!!!
13. Go to Granite brewery. Believe it or not I’ve never been !!! *yep
14. Blog more often. *yes
15. Drink more beer 🙂 *i want to say yes 🙂
I have some work to do this year…and I’m looking forward to another great year!! Happy new year all!